Things to think about bringing when riding.
Part of the fun of cycling is the self-reliance that it brings. You, the bike and the road ahead.
- Helmet. This is a mandatory requirement.
- Mobile phone with number registered with organisers HQ.
- Rain cape or jacket (just in case).
- Two large water bottles (filled!).
- Food (e.g figrolls, bars, bananas, fruitcake, sandwiches).
- Mini-pump (eg frame mounted).
- At least one spare tube (new, not patched), maybe two.
- Tyre levers.
- Tube patch kit.
- Money (for extra food, phone calls, spare parts).
- Rear red “flasher” light. Not mandatory but I usually ride with one year round.
- Common sense.
- Basic tools (e.g. hex keys, small spanners and screwdrivers).