As usual, regular updates and info here and via Twitter follow @_gigrower and use the #gigrowing and #Newquay2012 hashtags if you’re tweeting. With over 500 followers we’ll try to retweet as many messages and pics as we can but it could get a bit busy.
Some 92 crews have entered into the draw so there will be a great pile of points available on the GigRowerLeague as well. Mount’s Bay ladies are stretching their lead in the “Top club” points, but top cox and top ladies rowers positions (in a variety of age groups) are all still up for grabs.
Can the Falmouth ladies repeat their dominant performance from the start of the season at WPGC2012 or have crews from other clubs overhauled them over the past months?
The weather is set fair, so here’s to equally fair and close racing, and an exciting event for all.
Latest forecasts …
Magic Seaweed Forecast: http://magicseaweed.com/Newquay-Town-Beaches-Surf-Report/967/
Some updates and reminders via CPGA …
- Coxswains meeting is at 8:45am. There will be a signing in sheet and there needs to be at least one club cox present at the meeting.
- You must provide your own oars, seats, pins and a working VHF Radio.
- Any juniors rowing must be wearing a lifejacket including a coxswain. A junior is anyone who has competed this year in that category, reminder only Under 16 are able to row in senior crews, NOT under 14.
- There might be some more information regarding parking but, one of the car parks Tower Roads has changed hands and they now have parking eyes and there have been a few fine, be warned.
- Boats – these are still being finalised and will be clearly labelled and indicated on the board on Saturday morning, so please check first thing.